There are times in business when companies – either due to a shared set of values or simply having a great ‘cultural fit’ – find themselves working together for the mutual benefit of their clients. This is certainly the case for Rubric, a boutique corporate firm of solicitors, and DC Care.
Rubric offers specialist legal support to the healthcare sector, delivering advice on par with the top 200 UK law firms, but with a more meaningful and personable approach. It is this outlook which struck a chord with DC Care. Rubric and DC Care have a shared aspiration; to provide those in the care home sector looking to navigate the sale or acquisition of their business with a personal bespoke service.
Rubric has supported the care home sector, as well as other niche sectors such as veterinary, GPs and dental, to achieve its commercial goals. In the past four years alone, Rubric has completed deals with an aggregate value of £600m.
Rubric offers four core practice specialisms each that benefit the lifecycle of a care home.
• Corporate and Commercial – including M&A, corporate governance and contract work
• Commercial Property – including sales, purchases, and leases
• Employment – dealing with day to day issues as well as those arising from sales or acquisitions
• Private Client – looking after the business owners’ personal requirements
The Rubric values
The Rubric values run through the core of the business. They are the common values of the team who deliver our client services, so we know that they are far more than a collection of words. Rubric lives them, and our clients benefit from them. Our values are:
• We deliver – If we say it, we mean it. We always deliver on our commitments and promises
• Always a way – Each client receives an individual, personalised service that best suits them
• Power in talking – We talk and share information to build a collective sense of duty and care
• In it together- There are no chinks in our armour. Our service is consistent and reliable with everyone working together as strong, engaged members of the same team.
• Focused on our strengths – We bring unencumbered focus to business – no politics, no games, no nonsense
• Be your best self – We come to your business fresh and motivated, with a wealth of expertise.
On the relationship with Rubric and DC Care, Managing Director James Howell, is optimistic about what the future holds: “There are many choices when it comes to business agents or legal firms. It is still a joy when we find businesses that are as open as we are to working in collaboration on behalf of clients. Building relationships that go beyond the sale or purchase of a care home, and really seeing the impact and gratitude from clients that put their faith in your knowledge to get their unique challenges resolved, is hugely rewarding. We can’t wait to build on our collaborative foundation to assist more care homes.”
Find out more:
01454 800 008